Saturday, January 5, 2008

New Year

Happy New Year, friends! With my new, improved attitude, I was determined to make the best of the New Year celebrations. I figured if I start off the year with a grumpy face, I would look that way for the rest of the year, and at my age, believe me, I do not need new wrinkles.

Well, we had a good time, friends dropped by and we watched the fireworks. I firmly refused to get all down at the amount of money people spent on crackers when there are places where people don’t have enough food to eat. And that is not to mention the noise and air pollution.

That’s what we were inhaling on New Year’s Night. The Pollution Control Board says that when the crackers were lighted, the pollution level went up to twice the level deemed safe by experts.

Well, enough food for thought.



Have a great 2008, everyone!

1 comment: